Sunday, June 10, 2012

MY STORY


 This will be a post that I will be continually updating as time goes by.

So the story begins:

 Once upon a time. In a land that may or may not be far away. I was a fat kid...

At age 11 I weighed a staggering 73 kg. To put that into perspective; that is also  what i weighed  almost a decade later at the tender age 18. I unfortunately cannot find any photos in which to showcase myself  in this ugly duckling phase of my life...(most probably a voluntary decision on my part).
 

18 is when I began my training journey. Prior to this I went for regular jogs for about a year.
I lost a whopping  17kgs that year! And I continue to be a fan of both jogging and H.i.i.t
This is me at 18 years of age; before I ever lifted a weight:
 


Although I have a natural tendency to google and research everything. I actually had no clue what I was doing in the gym for the first two years. Well, I thought I did and I definitely got results. However learning by reading an article and learning by experience are two completely different things. In my opinion life is all about the journey to get where you want to be... And this was a long journey!

I had adopted a very low carb diet in which my only sources were fruit and non starchy veggies. I adhered to it religiously during these 3 years. I also trained at least 5 times a week during this period. I did not take ANY supplements whatsoever aside from my favorite multivitamin and only the very occasional protein shake. (aspartame scares me)


This is me at 21:



 At this point I became quite serious about my training methodology. I began focusing on specific body parts much more rather than compound movements. I extensively and obsessively studied basically everything about training. From actual exercises and their variations to human nutrition,  bio-mechanics, endocrinology etc..

 I did this whenever I had spare time in order to really get a understanding of my training.
( I am a certified google freak)
I became more open with the idea of  flirting with supplements and have tried a few. Although I still am and always have been a natty freak. I also adopted my current diet which is far more relaxed and realistic to maintain 4 keeps.

My current goals are to maintain and continue to develop a  lean and balanced physique.
I do not like the bulky look. I think when anything is taken to excess it is detrimental.
I like powerful looking and highly muscled lean bodies.


This is me currently ( I am 23):




























No comments:

Post a Comment