Tuesday, June 12, 2012

YOUSSRA´S STORY

Hello,

My name is Youssra, and I am the sister of the one named ;Yahyoush.

I'm writing a guest post  about the influence my older brother had in dramatically changing my life for the better!

Throughout my childhood years i was very overweight and this progressed to a point in which I became clinically obese.I weighed 78kg at the age of 12. I continuously felt left out from simple daily  activities, such as going shopping with my sister or cousins, because at that time i had to squeeze into  size 42 jeans, whilst other members of my family were almost half my weight. 


I started out by trying to involve myself in competitive sports, most notably basketball and tennis.Then more radical approaches such as starvation and even, for a short period; becoming bulimic.

It was at this point my brother noticed my efforts to try to loose weight.
He sat me down and created a fitness and nutritional plan for me.

My nutritional  regime involved an alteration to my now very restricted diet including eating lots of healthy fats (the notion of any fat at this point terrified me).

My exercise plan involved HIIT at first. However it was very detailed an personalized to my goals.Both for the immediate present and in the future.

 The first session was a nightmare, I was panting and dizzy from exhaustion.I was soooo out of shape.
But my bro was there and motivated me every other day for that first week.And in one week, I began feeling amazing energy wise. I had lost 4kg in one week and I was actually enjoying full , hearty meals at the same time!


This created a paradigm shift in my ideology:



Now, at the age of 15 my body fat percentage has decreased from 33% to 17.5%. 
I no longer have  any trouble finding my size in shops. Because of my change in weight i can now move so much faster than before and easily play sports without having to stop every 10 minutes for a break.

Like my brother my diet was much stricter when first starting out, but I actually got him to send me a pdf of his current diet and adopted it immediately.Its far more relaxed and I do not feel restricted in any way whatsoever.

I now incorporate HIIIT  once or twice a week as my cardiovascular conditioning  and go to the gym 5 times a week. 
I started with a more general weightlifting program as recommended by my big bro; which didn’t really focus on particular muscles,but was more focused on compound movements  (however not with monster weights like him.I am a young lady :)
 Now that I´ve attained a strength base and three years of training experience.I have begun to focus much more  on isolation work and really just shaping my body as I see fit.
My current goals are to maintain my weight and simply tighten up my physique .

Here are some be4 and after pics:










LOVE YOU  BIG BROTHER YAHYOUSH

XOXO












2 comments:

  1. Amazing! good for you for starting to get fit at such a young age, now that it have become a lifestyle for you, it'll be a lot easier for you to stay healthy and fit throughout adulthood.

    ReplyDelete